Friday, August 8, 2014

Sweet Smocking for BOYS!

I get many requests to create items for boys. The market seems to be saturated with all kinds of sweet things for girls, but for boys it's just a little more limited. When I pleated up 9 day gowns to take along on vacation to smock, I decided to focus on infant boys for 3 of them and add a smocked cap, designed especially for boys!

I have 3 boy's day gown & cap sets available for purchase in sizes preemie (4-6lb), newborn and infant. Each set is smocked just a tad differently. The photos shown are the preemie size set. If you would like to purchase one of the sets, please email me!
The bonnet turned out so sweet, that I decided to write up the instructions and create an ePattern!
The smocking is quick and easy - just 2.5 rows of smocking!
I have included 3 smocking graphs in the ePattern too!
The ePattern is an instant download and you can order it at Southern Stitches Brer Rabbit Designs
I have had many customers and Facebook fans email me about smocking. I have a great Smocking Handbook available for beginner smockers and those who want to perfect their smocking stitches! 
Also coming soon to Southern Stitches is online eClasses in smocking! Please subscribe to my news journal list to be the first to hear about when it begins!


1 comment:

Catherine McFarland said...

Hi Laurie! I'm curious if you have a particular day gown pattern that you recommend, especially for a boy. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails