Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sew darn tired!

I feel like I have been on a sewing marathon all week..wait, I HAVE been on a sewing marathon all week, and I'm "sew" darn tired!! 
I love to sew, really I do, and normally sewing is a stress-reliever for me. When I feel rushed or have to meet a deadline, then sewing is no longer fun..it just makes me tense! Every evening I kinda looked like the tired seamstress in that portrait up there - LOL!
I think I've spent more hours sewing each day this week than doing anything else, but there is reward for all the hard work and long hours! Seeing a project transform from an idea, to a sketch on a piece of paper to finished garments is a very rewarding experience. 
The garments I have created this week are original designs, in which I had to draft patterns for. I got some inspiration for the lace insertion & embroidery design from Old Fashioned Baby "Baby Rose" , but I changed it up a bit to make it my own. There is literally a TON of feather-stitching on my garments, which has taken more hours to complete than I want to add up!
I will be sharing more pictures soon, but here's a little peek at what has totally consumed me all week:

2 comments:

bell4953 said...

Your work is always so beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product. I love all the feather stitching. I am still trying to learn to hand stitch a feather stitch that I am pleased with.

Thank you so much for your inspiration. Debbie Bell588

DangAndBlast! said...

Just finished up the Martha Pullen heirloom licensing, and your pieces were frequently discussed. Wish I'd had these photos to show around! Looks great :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails