Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year ~Sewing goals of 2015!

Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but 2014 flew by, just like the entire month of December. It seems like the older I get, the faster the years pass by. One of my favorite quotes is:
When I reminisce about this past year and think about time and how times have changed, along with how quickly it passes by, it's a little mind-blowing! Last year at this time I was working on several designs for Sew Beautiful Magazine for the coming months. I was clueless that in just a few short months, Sew Beautiful Magazine would no longer exist and I would no longer be designing amazing garments for a National magazine. It was the end of an era.

When I look at machine embroidery designs and ePatterns I created last year, I quickly notice how times have changed in one year. I realize how much work and time it takes creating fresh new designs. It's hard to keep up with the fast pace of current trends and keeping up with today's market and what customers are seeking. Sometimes my business takes all kinds of detours, due to the fact of trying to keep up the pace - it's exhausting!

Today is the 1st day of 365 days. I know how fast those days will pass and I know how many changes will take place in those 365 days. I want to make the most of each and every one of those days to the best I can! This year my goal is to take my business down a little different path. Rather than trying to keep up with the fast-paced, ever- changing trends of the day, I am going to focus on timeless, classic designs. 
My focus in 2015 is "vintage-inspired" heirlooms. From machine embroidery to ePatterns, my focus will be timeless, classic designs, inspired by genuine vintage garments, patterns and embroidery designs.
I will also be making handmade vintage-inspired garments for babies that will be available for purchase. Many of these handmades will be one of a kind or available in limited quantity and size. 
I will also be creating more eClasses, focusing on Hand Smocking and Heirloom Sewing! My Smocked Bonnet eClass has been very popular and such a great option for those who can't physically attend a sewing class or conference. The first new eClass of 2015 will be The Smocked Bishop Dress from start to finish. The bishop dress will coordinate with the smocked bonnet eClass. After that, my focus will be Heirloom Sewing eClasses, teaching unique techniques and proper hand-sewing technique. 
I will also be creating new ePatterns in 2015 - all vintage-inspired, timeless classics that you will love! Some of these designs will include both hand and machine embroidery. I will be creating new machine embroidery designs including monograms, ornaments and other machine embroidery designs inspired from vintage designs.

Happy New Year - I wish you well in 2015 and I hope that you will follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!



1 comment:

Julie Davis said...

Good luck in the new year with your new direction! I know you will continue to turn out wonderful patterns and embroidery patterns on your time frame.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails