Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 year in review...2016 goals

I don't know about you, but 2015 has been quite a year for me! Part of this year I felt like I was lost in nowhere land, trying to find my pathway in this crazy business world of Sewing! There were many times I had to stop, take a step back, assess the situation and do what I could to improve. I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but those were refining times to re-focus my purpose and passion in sewing. The single most passionate thing I always go back to is smocking...
Smocking tends to top my list of where my passion in sewing lies. I sort of felt like I didn't get much smocking done in 2015, but when I look back at pictures, I see that I really did do my share of smocking this year!
The highlight of 2015 for me, was being published in the new Classic Sewing Magazine! It sparked a renewed interest in me to keep hand smocking alive and to continue to promote it. I want to help spark interest in those who want to learn the art and be there to guide them in proper technique along the way!
My first article in the new magazine featured two of my favorite things; sewing for babies and smocking! My 2nd article will also feature some vintage-inspired smocking, which turned out to be one of my most favorite projects I've worked on! Look for it in the March 2016 issue! For now, I will leave you with a teaser!
In 2016, my goal is to narrow my focus to what makes my business different from the rest...what makes me unique and extraordinary! 
Happy New Year, my friends! I hope you will follow me in my journey as I strive to create an epic year at Southern Stitches!



3 comments:

Alicia said...

Laurie,
From an avid follower and online friend, I wish you a happy and fulfilling New Year! I love your articles in the first issue of Classic Sewing and look forward to many more. Your work is always impeccable and awe-inspiring; keep it up!

Alicia

Barbara Vogelman said...

I was not understanding everything in the classes I took from you. But, rather than getting upset, or making fun of me, you patiently and politely explained what I was doing wrong. Looking baco I asked some REALLY STUPID, questions. So I look forward to the release of future classes. Again, THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge! God BLESS and keep you in everything you do, And all you touch and care for! Happy 2016!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to your next project for Classic Sewing and thank you so much for actually creating a smocked boy's outfit in the first issue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails