Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Back to the classics!

Ohh, it's been a l-o-n-g time since I have taken the time to write on my blog - much-much too long! I didn't forget about it, just had to re-group myself after one of those sewing slumps that shows up every now and then! The good news is that I am re-grouping and getting back to the classics at Southern Stitches! I have way too many unfinished projects that for one reason or another got put aside. My goal is to finish them up, because they are way too cute to be left unfinished! So with that said, expect an active blog with some new tutorials coming, along with new designs! YAY!
This week I have been finishing up on one of my favorite projects that I started earlier this summer! Who doesn't just love Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit? You can't get anymore classic than that! I have designed some new machine shadow work designs that are sure to make you want to sew something sweet!
This sweet set is called "Baby Beatrix Layette" and it includes an ePattern to make either a boy or girl version matinee jacket and diaper cover to coordinate! Included in the set is my new Classic Peter Rabbit Shadow Work Collection
Southern Stitches Machine Shadow Work designs are designed to look like they were created by hand! With an open herringbone-type stitch below and single stitch outlines on top will make a trained eye take a double-take! My machine shadow work designs are dainty and delicate too, just like hand embroidery, but takes a fraction of the time to stitch.


There are many options with this set - you can purchase the designs alone, or the ePattern with 2 design options or purchase a custom-made set from my Heirloom Shop that includes a monogrammed baby quilt! Find the collection that is right for you!





2 comments:

Esther Conrad Grant said...

Laurie, these are beyond adorable!! Beautiful keepsakes!

Gina said...

So glad to see you back in my feed! And how cute are those Beatrix Potter designs! Can't wait for more. Many, many blessings. - Gina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails